Before I tell you the 5 ways to convert a user into a lead, let me add that today the entire world thrives on smartphones and mobile apps. Individuals have created a vacuum between mobile and themselves, anything you need “does not reach out to people, reach out to apps first”. These smart apps are competing with other apps to stand on top of mind and be a part of every user’s phone.
Say WhatsApp, Skype, Zomato, Amazon, and Uber are such apps that have won are hearts and are making extra revenues through mobile apps. Convenience today lies in the small flat screen. Individuals want to get their job done quickly and so are these mobile apps fighting to serve the best possible.
Apart from providing unique services, your app should be engaged with your users frequently. If not, your app can be uninstalled as the brand recall attribute would be missing.
- Mark your users based on their actions: Users choose your app for a purpose. Make sure you re-target or reach out to these users basis their previous action. These Mobile marketing companies that focus on App optimization and App Marketing will help you segment your user’s based on location, action, and behavior. For Eg: An e-commerce shopping app like Amazon, send you an OTC (One Time Campaign) on Sportswear, if you dismiss or do not take any action (i.e do not click) shows that you are not interested in sportswear, so before sending the OTC, Amazon as a brand can create segments for people who clicked and took an action on a product, people who clicked and did not take an action and people who did not click. These three segments can help you with right targeting and understanding of your user behavior and will help you in gaining the right conversions and will create a bond with your end-user.
- Location targeting: The most beneficial factor is geo-targeting your users. Not necessary every city will have the same basis of understanding of the city’s climate, behavior, and culture, we can segment our users basis their locality and target them with a requirement of the city. This way you can get more conversions and your users will connect with your brand constantly.
- Triggered notifications: This is like our automated SMS’s and Emails, Notifications should also be a touch point of informing the user about their action and their service delivery. If a user has the app, it makes the overall process easier to communicate and it is very cost effective. An SMS costs about 0.08 paise. And email costs 0.05 paise, whereas an overall cost of engaging with your app users would hardly cost you anything. As these app marketing agencies charge us based on our MAU’s (monthly active users).
- Number of Notifications: Make sure you do not load your users with too many notifications in a day. This is why we need a right set of segments to target. If a user receives more than 3 notifications a day, then the chances of uninstallation can be high. So the ideal number of notification that one device should receive is based on the user’s usage. Try sending a push notification once a day and do not nudge the user with a lot with the promotional push. If your app does not need a lot of communication with your users, then try to nudge your users at least 3 times a week to increase app opens and active users. If you have sorted segments and you know that a user will also be receiving triggered notifications on this day, then it is always better to exclude that segment and make the trigger. Because too many emails are ‘spammy’, and too many notifications are annoying.
- Content & Design: Send notifications in such a way that attracts the user. From content to design, let it be very accurate. It is always a great thing to add a deep link to your OTC’s, then taking the user to the homepage. For Eg: I send an OTC for Watches, it is better to make sure the link attached to my notification is “The Watches List” and not the app’s home page. Because dropouts happen when the user has to take the maximum effort. Also, make sure you engage the users with the blog and increase the readability. Just conversions should not be your objective, the engagement, and increase in active users is what you should be measuring. The higher the active users, the higher will be the conversions.
These 5 ways are the basic ways to engage and control uninstalls. Stay tuned for more deep discussions on App marketing and see how we make your users App-Grade through current trends.